Friday 14 September 2012

Bombshell!

Hold on to your hats everyone there's been a change of plans, Dancing Nina will now be a 2D production, traditionally animated, and will be roughly 1 minute long, or under. I (Slava) am now basically in charge of the project as Jo has dropped out of her role as director and production manager. There may be more people joining my team but for now it's just little old me.
All of these changes have come about due to the brief drastically changing over the summer and requiring everyone to specialize in 2 areas and demonstrate those specializations in at least to different productions. So far mines are Character animation and 3D Modelling- so this should showcase my character animation in my showreel, at least- I just couldn't bare to give it up when we'd all worked so hard on it already.
 Anyway all I can hope for now is that it doesn't kill me and it turns out simple and beautiful.Oh, and i hope to complete the models of Nina and Death to count towards my course work and use them as 3D reference or something.

 This animatic is something I quickly cut together from our old (much longer) animatic which included storyboard, I plan to re-film the dancers to have more solid reference material in the next week or so and obviously Finn's music will have to be tweaked to fit the new duration.

I'm in the process of drawing up a new storyboard based on this animatic.









No comments:

Post a Comment